Back to list
[WorldCIST'15]: Call for Workshops Proposals - Proceedings by Springer
Aug 07 2014 11:33PM
ML (marialemos72 gmail com)
WorldCIST'15 - 3rd World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies
Ponta Delgada, São Miguel, Azores *, Portugal
1st-3rd of April 2015.
* Azores is ranked as the second most beautiful archipelago in the world by National Geographic.
The Information Systems and Technologies research and industrial community is invited to submit proposals of Workshops for WorldCIST'15 ? 3rd World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies to be held at São Miguel, Azores, Portugal, 1st-3rd of April 2015.
Workshops should focus on a specific scientific subject on the scope of WorldCIST'15 but not directly included on the main conference areas. Each workshop will be coordinated by an Organizing Committee composed of, at least, two researchers in the field, preferably from different institutions and different countries. The organizers should create an international Program Committee for the Workshop, with recognized researchers within the specific Workshop scientific area. Each workshop should have at least 10 submissions and 5 accepted papers in order to be conducted at WorldCIST'15.
The selection of Workshops will be performed by WorldCIST'15 Conference/Workshop Chairs. Workshops full and short papers will be published in the conference main proceedings in specific Workshop chapters published by Springer in a book of the AISC series. Proceedings will be submitted for indexation by ISI Thomson, SCOPUS, DBLP, EI-Compendex among several other scientific databases. Extended versions of best selected papers will be published in journals indexed by ISI and SCOPUS. Detailed and up-to-date information may be found at WorldCIST'15 website: http://www.aisti.eu/worldcist15/
The Organizing Committee of each Workshop will be responsible for:
- Producing and distributing the Workshop Call for Papers (CFP);
- Coordinating the review and selection process for the papers submitted to the Workshop, as Workshop chairs (on the paper submission system installed for all the Workshops);
- Delivering the final versions of the papers accepted for the Workshop in accordance with the guidelines and deadlines defined by WorldCIST'15 organizers;
- Coordinating and chairing the Workshop sessions at the conference.
WorldCIST'15 organizers reserve the right to cancel any Workshop if deadlines are missed or if the number of registered attendees is too low to support the costs associated with the Workshop.
Workshop proposals should contain the following information:
- Workshop title;
- Brief description of the specific scientific scope of the Workshop;
- List of topics of interest (max 15 topics);
- Reasons the Workshop should be held within WorldCIST?15;
- Name, postal address, phone and email of all the members of the Workshop Organizing Committee;
- Proposal for the Workshop Program Committee (Names and affiliations).
Proposals should be submitted electronically by email to worldcist at gmail.com (cc: lpreis at dsi.uminho.pt), in PDF, (in English), by September 15, 2014.
- Deadline for Workshop proposals: September 15, 2014
- Notification of Workshop acceptance: September 25, 2014
- Deadline for paper submission: November 30, 2014
- Notification of paper acceptance: December 28, 2014
- Deadline for final versions and conference registration: January 06, 2015
- Conference dates: April 01-03, 2015
Luis Paulo Reis, University of Minho
WorldCIST'15 Organizing Committee
[ reply ]
Copyright 2010, SecurityFocus