Back to list
[InterN0T] SiteCore.NET 6.0.0 - XSS Vulnerability
Jun 03 2009 09:51PM
security intern0t net
SiteCore.NET - Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
Version Affected: 6.0.0 (rev. 090120) (We were unable to find out if this is the newest version or not).
Info: It's an overpriced CMS for companies running IIS.
-:: The Advisory ::-
Vulnerable Function / ID Calls: (XSS)
Cross Site Scripting:
- You can input whatever you like in sc_error which will be echoed directly to the end-user as an error message.
2nd Cross Site Scripting: (example)
http://www.website.tld/sitecore/login/default.aspx?sc_error=You do not have any rights to perform that action. <script>alert(0)</script>
-:: Solution ::-
Weren't able to make one nor did I bother to do so.
- Vulnerability found and confirmed between 1st and 3rd June 2009.
- SiteCore contacted the 3rd June 2009.
- Published at InterN0T the 3rd June 2009.
- Bugtraq contacted the 3rd June 2009.
All of the best,
[ reply ]
Copyright 2010, SecurityFocus