Focus on Virus
Back to list
nullcon Delhi 2012 Final call for Paper/Events (extended to 10th July) and First round of speakers
Jun 15 2012 08:56AM
nullcon (nullcon nullcon net)
nullcon team is pleased to announce:
- First round of speakers
- Prototype Talks
- Exhibition/Demo Zone
- Job Fair
- Final Call for Events and Call for Papers for Delhi 2012
First round of speakers:
1. Mr. Raghu Raman (CEO NATGRID) - Keynote 1
2. Richard Thieme (World renowned speaker/author) - Keynote 2 -
Staring into the Abyss: The Dark Side of Security and Professional
3. Oxblood Ruffin (Founding member Cult of Dead Cow) - War 3.0:
Information Warfare and The Computer Underground
4. Rahul Sasi - DTMF Fuzzing: Highly Harmful Audio Waves -
Would be highlighting vulnerabilities in implementation of DTMF
5. Ravishankar Borgaonkar .- Dirty use of USSD Codes in Cellular
Network - Talks will cover how to play with USSD codes using femtocell
architecture and exploit different services based on it.
6. Aditya Gupta - Attacking Angry Birds : Mobile Malwares on the Rise
- Will be releasing AFE (Android Framework for Exploitation).
7. Joerg Simon - (Prototype Talk) - Fedora Security Lab and OSSTMM
8. Sai Lakshmi - TBA
Looking forward to more interesting submissions for nullcon Delhi 2012.
We are introducing a new sub-event - Prototype talks at nullcon Delhi 2012. The
event provides opportunities to innovative companies to showcase their
latest and new technology/products to the nullcon audience. The main aim
behind Prototype is to enable and boost companies driving innovation in
security domain and provide them a perfect platform to boast about their new
technology and at the same time grab the attention of potential investors
and business partners at minimal cost. For more details about the event, its
costing and how your organization can participate kindly contact:
nullcon delegates experience the creative genius with cutting edge
talks, engaging and interactive technology exhibits. They see the
world in unexpected new ways through our profoundly moving techno
commercial and value added experience. nullcon Delhi 2012 will bring
more than 30+ exhibitors.
nullcon is excited to host a special job fair organized for security
professionals and organizations. nullcon job fair gives you open
access to meet the heads of various security organizations, understand
their requirements and offer them your competencies in return. It is
an excellent opportunity for organizations to hire the best talent in
information security industry and for security professionals to find
better job prospects. nullcon job fair is a platform where prospective
employer and employee can meet and interact with each other in an open
Call For Paper/Events Details
The talk time duration includes time for questions and answers (5-10
1. Research Category (40 mins - 1 hr) is a deep knowledge technical track
new research, tools, vulnerabilities, zero days or exploits.
2. Technical Category (30 mins - 1 hr) comprises of known security issues,
studies, twist to an existing research, tool, vulnerability, exploit or
research-in-progress. Although this track is fairly technical, it covers
known techniques and analysis and is specially created for security
professionals who are not too much into new research, are auditors,
professionals and newbies.
3. Desi Jugaad (1 hr) is our signature research category talk and includes
1. One of the topics of interest to us is Desi Jugaad(Local Indian/Asian
Hack) and has a separate track of its own. Submissions can be any kind of
local hacks that you have worked on (hints: electronic/mechanical meters,
automobile hacking, Hardware, mobile phones, lock-picking, bypassing
procedures and processes, etc. Be creative!)
2. The topics pertaining to security and hacking in the following
domains(but not limited to):
- Hardware Hacking(ex: RFID, Magnetic Strips, Card Readers, Mobile Devices,
- Tools/exploits/Zero-days (noncommercial)
- Programming/Software Development security and weaknesses
- Network vulnerabilities.
- Information Warfare, cyber espionage, cyber crime, cyber laws
- Malware, Botnets
- Web attacks and application hacking
- New attack vectors
- Mobile malware, vulnerabilities, exploits, VOIP and Telecom
- Virtualization security, hacking VMs, breaking out of VMS etc
- Cloud security, threats and exploitation
- Critical Infrastructure
- Satellite hacking
- Wireless hacking
Email the Paper to: cfp_at_nullcon.net
Subject should be: CFP Delhi 2012 <Paper Title>
3. Track (& Time required in case of General/Business track)
4. Paper Title
5. Country(and City) of residence
6. Organization and Designation
7. Contact no.
8. Have you presented or submitted this paper at any other conference(s) or
Yes, No. If yes, where? and how this submission is different from the
previous ones. Note that new research talks already given elsewhere or are
due to be given elsewhere prior to nullcon will be considered as Technical
talks unless they consist of cutting edge and ground breaking
technology, which is at the judgment of the review committee.
9. Are you releasing an open source tool?
Yes/No. (If yes, please include the source code for review)
10. Are you releasing an exploit?
Yes/No. (If yes, please include the source and vulnerability details for
11. Are you releasing a new vulnerability/Zero-day?
Yes/No. (If yes, please send us the details, including reproduction
procedure, for review)
12. Why do you think your paper is different/innovative (for all tracks) and
how does it qualify as new work/research(for Research track only)?
13. Are there any live demonstrations (These earn you good points during
Yes/No. (If Yes, how many? Also please explain each demo)
14. Brief Profile ( <= 500 Words)
15. Paper Abstract - Please provide detailed working or your research/work.
The more details you provide the better it is for the reviewers. Please keep
the abstract to the point. Please do not try to hide the technical details
or say ?I can't disclose it till bla bla? as it does not help the reviewers
in any way and may give your paper a low score because of insufficient
information available in the abstract.
16. Your high resolution photo (attached)
Only the original authors should submit their research and any submission
from a third party will be rejected. The Abstract should clearly mention the
techniques and hacks in detail and merely mentioning that it works will not
help in understanding the research
to its full extent. nullcon is open knowledge/research sharing platform and
hence product/company marketing and pitches will be rejected. We request you
not to submit any product specific talk. For product specific talks kindly
look at Prototype sub-event.
CFP Opens: 25th April 2012
1st round of Speaker list Online: 10th June 2012
CFP Closing Date: 30th June 2012 (Extended to
10th July 2012)
Final speakers List online: 15th July 2012
Conference Dates: 26-29 September 2012
For Research (and Desi Jugaad) Category
1. Complimentary Accommodation for 3 nights.
2. Travel Reimbursement (Either actuals or the below mentioned amounts,
whichever is less)
- North/South America to Delhi (USD $800)
- Africa/Europe/Australia to Delhi (USD $600)
- Asia to Delhi (USD $500)
- Anywhere in India to Delhi (INR Rs.6000)
3. Complimentary VIP conference pass.
4. Invitation to Mehfil-E-Mausiqi (null networking party).
For Technical Category
1. Complimentary VIP conference pass.
2. Invitation to Mehfil-E-Mausiqi (null networking party)
* Only one speaker will be eligible for the benefits in case there are two
or more speakers for a talk.
** By submitting a paper and agreeing to talk at nullcon the speaker gives
null the right to post, publish, re-distribute online and offline, soft
and/or hard copies of his/her presentation material including slides, source
code, detailed paper and the recorded video of the speaker and presentation.
nullcon Call For Events (CFE)
Want to conduct a sub-event at nullcon? Want to show off your special
Anything innovative is welcome.
If your Event gets selected, a maximum of 2 complimentary VIP passes will be
provided to you depending on your event.
Submit your proposal to cfp_at_nullcon.net
Email Subject: nullcon Delhi 2012 Event <Your_event_name>
1. Team members names, emails, phone
3. City, country
4. Event name
5. Time duration (1 hr, 3 hrs, whole day?)
6. Event details (including step by step information on how will you
conduct the event)
7. Why do you think the event is innovative and should be organized at
8. Have you ever conducted a similar event before this? If yes, please
provide all the details including the response.
- Want to teach us how to assemble/disassemble a biometric device using
home made stuff or how to make an autobot out of a radio/microwave/car etc ,
submit a proposal
- Have a rock band? want to play at nullcon? submit your proposal.
- A CTF or a game
- A corporate sub-event
- Anything that is interesting.
null - Spreading the right knowledge
null Mailing list charter:
This list is sponsored by: Black Hat
Attend Black Hat USA, July 28-August 2 in Las Vegas, the world's premier
technical event for ICT security experts. Featuring 30 hands-on training
courses and 90 Briefings presentations with lots of new content and new
tools. Network with 4,000 delegates from 70 nations. Visit product
displays by 30 top sponsors in a relaxed setting.
[ reply ]
Copyright 2010, SecurityFocus