Back to list
[Rooted CON 2013] CFP starts!
Sep 05 2012 06:38PM
Román Ramírez (rramirez rootedcon es)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Here you've attached all the necessary information for any potential
speakers willing to have a talk at Rooted CON 2013.
Kind regards to all and thanks in advance
______ _ _ ____ ___ _ _
/ / _ \ ___ ___ | |_ ___ __| |/ ___/ _ \| \ | |
/ /| |_) / _ \ / _ \| __/ _ \/ _` | | | | | | \| |
/ / | _ < (_) | (_) | || __/ (_| | |__| |_| | |\ |
/_/ |_| \_\___/ \___/ \__\___|\__,_|\____\___/|_| \_|
RootedCON 2013 - 'Call for Papers'
PLEASE, READ CAREFULLY ALL THE DETAILS IN THIS DOCUMENT.
- -=] About RootedCON
RootedCON is a security congress that will take place between March 7
to 9, 2013 in Madrid (Spain).
With an estimated capacity of 670 people, is one of the largest
specialized conferences ever undertaken in the country and one of the
largest in Europe, with
profiles of attendees ranging from students, state forces, through
market professionals in IT security or simply technology enthusiasts.
- -=] Types of talks
Two type of talks can be accepted:
- - Fast talks: 20 minutes.
- - Standard talks: 50 minutes.
There will be a limited number of each of the types and may even adapt the
calendar for an interesting talk extends beyond 20 minutes
or, for specific needs, reducing a 50 minutes one.
- -=] Topics
Any relevant topic associated with the concept of Hacking, for
example, and not being these the only topics that interest us:
- - Hacking, cracking, phreaking, virii, WiFi, VoIP, GSM...
- - Critical Infrastructure Security, SCADA environments...
- - Hardware Hacking, Jtag, SWJ, Dap, ...
- - Console and gaming hacking.
- - Mobile terminals: android, iOS, Windows mobile, maemo,...
- - Reverse engineering, debugging, hooking, fuzzing, exploiting,...
- - Innovative tools and techniques both for defense and attack.
- - APT, botnets and malware.
- - (In)security cloud, virtual environments,...
- - Cryptographical techniques, steganography, covert channels,...
- - Forensics and antiforensics.
- - Networking, level2 and level3,...
- - Very original talks like the kind of audience we have...
In the last edition, there were popular talks related to "Hardware
Hacking", modificating the behavior of robots, specialized hardware,
or even devices creation. Related Keywords: Drones, Arduino, *copters,
Roomba, alarms, Jtag, cameras ...
For this edition, we are especially interested in 0days
vulnerabilities and all kinds of security problems in whatever
critical infrastructures or platforms.
- -=] Papers submission procedure
We only accept talks submissions through the online form which has
been prepared for this purpose:
Any other submission method will not be considered as "official" and
will not be evaluated by the selection team.
- -=] Schedule and milestones
05 Sep 2012 - Launch of Call for papers
14 Dic 2012 - Call For Papers closing
Dic 2012 - Get in touch and interviews with the speakers for final
Jan 2013 - Publication of speakers schedule.
*4 Feb 2012 - Speakers materials submission to Rooted*
7, 8 y 9 Mar 2013 - /RootedCON2013
- -=] Benefits and privileges as speaker
Each speaker will receive the following benefits and privileges:
- - A dinner with the rest of the speakers, RootedLabs teachers and
- - Accommodation (costs assumed by the organization)
- - Travel (costs assumed by the organization)
- - Full access to the whole congress
- - Free drinks at the party ;)
- - Management of potential job opportunities.
- - A surprise in gratitude for participation.
- -=] Duties and responsibilities of speakers
All speakers presenting at RootedCON 2013 must:
a) Confirm that the presented paper is technical and accompanied by a
proof of concept (PoC).
b) Send the material of the talk prior to the dates of the Congress.
submission of material is important to include details about the demos
that will be performed.
c) Develop the slides according to the RootedCON 2013 official templates.
d) Explicitly accept that the materials presented, as well as video
and audio recordings
made shall be published in either mechanisms RootedCON content
other media in the future. RootedCON *won't censor* any of the
media publication or whatever mechanisms by which are made accessible
to the public and the congress attendees.
- -=] Sponsors and Partners
RootedCON is always looking for quality sponsors and partners. If you
have a proposal or
you think your company may be interested, please contact us at:
IMPORTANT: Due to the highly technical subject of the congress, and
the preferences shown by attendees
in multiple surveys, we encourage potential sponsors who intend to
have a slot as speaker attempting to adapt as far as possible to the
tastes of most
RootedCON asset you have: its audience.
Any help, comments, ideas, suggestions or collaborations that we
should do get will be considered and
valued with all its importance: it is very important for the Congress
to receive such proposals, and
they depend on you to organize the best event possible.
- -=] Critical points to consider
1. Time management and the duration of the talks are one of the
critical points in the Congress. Rather, they should ask for a longer talk
than trying to rush twenty minutes, without allowing time for audience
2. It will be appreciated exclusive talks, which
not previously published in any other forum, blog, website, event or
3. We believe in the responsible Full-disclosure so, if the idea is to
Zero-Day, we want confirmation from that has contacted the
manufacturer / victim, if this
contact has not been made, we offer to manage the contact.
4. A cause for termination of the relationship between the Speaker and
RootedCON is to not deliver
of (every) material on the date indicated.
5. PLEASE, it's very important to * CLEARLY * indicate if
travel is needed or not when you submit your proposal, Rooted
reserves the right not to meet such needs if it is not initially
- -=] How to contact:
- -=] Our links
- - Web: http://www.rootedcon.es/en/
- - Twitter: @rootedcon #rooted y #rooted2013
- - Facebook: http://bit.ly/fbookrooted
- - LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/linkedinrooted
- - Rooted mailing-list (spanish): rootedcon (at) listas.rooted (dot) es [email concealed]
- - Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/rootedcon
- - Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/rootedcon
_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://www.enigmail.net/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
This list is sponsored by: Information Assurance Certification Review Board
Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.
[ reply ]
Sep 14 2012 01:22AM
Justin Rogosky (jrogosky gmail com)
Copyright 2010, SecurityFocus