Back to list
[logs] tenshi 0.10
Mar 14 2008 02:49PM
Andrea Barisani (andrea inversepath com)
We are pleased to announce that tenshi 0.10 has been released, this is a
tenshi is a log monitoring program, designed to watch one or more log files
for lines matching user defined regular expressions and report on the matches.
The regular expressions are assigned to queues which have an alert interval and a
list of mail recipients. Queues can be set to send a notification as soon as
there is a log line assigned to it, or to send periodic reports.
You can find the tarball at
The project page is http://dev.inversepath.com/trac/tenshi
changes since last release:
- includedir now skips dotfiles
- pid file is now created in debug, profile and foreground modes
- fixed incorrect uid check not handling root user
- fixed buggy time_to_die
- fixed buggy tail_multiple option parsing
- fixed empty report sending if filter program returns no output
- fixed bug on unmatched subpatterns, thanks goes to
Adam James <atj (at) pulsewidth.org (dot) uk [email concealed]>
- die before pipe if tail_file is not readable, prevents fd leak
- replaced IO::Select with IO::BufferedSelect, fixes parsing delay of
Feedback is most welcome.
Andrea Barisani Inverse Path Ltd
Chief Security Engineer -----> <--------
<andrea (at) inversepath (dot) com [email concealed]> http://www.inversepath.com
0x864C9B9E 0A76 074A 02CD E989 CE7F AC3F DA47 578E 864C 9B9E
"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"
LogAnalysis mailing list
LogAnalysis (at) loganalysis (dot) org [email concealed]
[ reply ]
Copyright 2010, SecurityFocus