Back to list
Remider: VNSECON 07 Call for Papers ends on June 08
May 21 2007 04:59AM
rd (rd vnsecurity net)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A reminder to everyone that the Call for Papers for the VNSECON
2007 conference in Saigon, Vietnam this August ends on the first
week of next month (June 08).
Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all there.
- -------- Original Message --------
~ @@ ==VNSECURITY==
CALL FOR PAPERS
|=---------------------=[ VNSECON 2007 ]=----------------------=|
|=-------------------=[ August 3-4, 2007 ]=--------------------=|
|=--------------=[ Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam ]=----------------=|
cfp @ vnsecurity.net
[ http://conf.vnsecurity.net/cfp2007.txt ]
The Call for Papers for VNSECON Security Conference 2007 is now
open. VNSECON 2007 is a security conference taking place downtown
in Ho Chi Minh City (aka Saigon), Vietnam from the 3rd to 4th of
August 2007. Some invited papers have been confirmed, but a
limited number of speaking slots are still available.
- --[ Introduction
VNSECON 2007 aims to be an event that enables the dissemination,
discussion and sharing of security information between security
communities. We organize a conference that gathers security
experts, from the mainstream network security arena as well as
the underground community, to share their researches, discoveries
We promise to make VNSECON a great and fun event for all security
enthusiasts, regardless the colors on their hats.
- --[ The Venue
Ho Chi Minh City, fondly referred to as Saigon - "The Pearl of
the Orient", still retains a charm reminiscent of its French-
European heritage in the midst of rapid commercialization. The
city promises an endless fascination for travelers wanting to
explore Vietnam's rich 4,000-year history. It is a bustling,
dynamic and industrious center, the largest city in the country,
the economic capital and the cultural trendsetter. The streets,
where much of the city's life takes place, is a myriad of street
markets, shops, pavement cafes, stands-on-wheels and vendors
selling wares spread out on sidewalks.
More info: http://conf.vnsecurity.net/venue
- --[ Topics
Topics that will be considered include, but are not limited to:
- Web Security
- Criminal Laws
- GSM, GPRS and CDMA Security
- VoIP Security / Hacking
- Wireless Security / Hacking
- Attack and Defense Techniques
- Access Control and Authentication
- Reverse Engineering
- Application Security, Testing, Fuzzing
- Code Auditing
- Malicious Code
- Viruses, Worms, and Trojans
- Spyware, Phishing and Botnets
- Banking Security
- --[ Submissions
Deadline for abstract submission: June 08th, 2007
Deadline for panel submission: June 15th, 2007
Deadline for paper submission: July 07th, 2007
Paper proposals should consist of the following information:
1) Topic synopsis, title, and a one paragraph description.
2) Presenter information (name, handler, country of origin /
passport) and contact information (e-mail, postal address,
3) Employer and/or affiliations.
4) Brief biography, list of publications and papers.
5) Any significant presentation and educational experience /
6) Reason why this material is innovative, significant or an
7) Will you have full text available or only slides?
Please send your submission to cfp @ vnsecurity.net. Please
include the plain text version of this information in your email
as well as any file, pdf, doc, sxw, ppt, or html attachments.
Note that all speakers will be allocated 50 minutes of
presentation time. If you require more time, please inform us in
- --[ Speakers' Privileges
1) Accommodation will be provided (03 nights). We may be able to
cover your traveling expense, but only if you let us know in
advance in your submission.
2) Conference party.
3) Half-day tour after conference to Cu Chi Tunnels, an immense
network of connecting underground tunnels from the Vietnam War
Bonus: 5 rounds of firing AK-47 in the shooting range.
4) A large amount of free beer!
- --[ Program Committee (alphabet order)
1) Andrew Griffiths (Ruxcon, pulltheplug.org)
2) Dug Song, (Arbor Networks, monkey.org)
3) HD Moore (BreakingPoint Systems, Metasploit Project)
4) Nguyen Anh Quynh (AIST Japan, VNSECURITY)
5) Red Dragon (THC, HERT, VNSECURITY)
6) SeekZero - Le Dinh Long (VNSECURITY)
7) SK Chong (SCAN Associates)
8) Skyper - Ralf Kaiser (ex-Phrack, THC)
9) van Hauser (The Hackers Choice - THC)
- --[ Capture the Flag
As part of VNSECON 2007, we organize an attack and defense
"Capture The Flag" challenge. We are inviting speakers to
contribute challenges for CTF competition. We are also inviting
security / hacker groups to join the competition. For further
details on the CTF, please check conference website and/or email
ctf @ vnsecurity.net.
- --[ Other Information
For further information on the conference and submissions, please
feel free to visit VNSECON 2007 website. On behalf of VNSECURITY
Team, we thank you and look forward to receive your submissions.
#VNSECON 07 - http://conf.vnsecurity.net
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v18.104.22.168 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
[ reply ]
Copyright 2010, SecurityFocus