Back to list
hack.lu 2011 CFP
Apr 21 2011 01:31PM
hack.lu 2011 information team (hl2011 hack lu)
Call for Papers Hack.lu 2011
The purpose of the hack.lu convention is to give an open and free
playground where people can discuss the implication of new
technologies in society. hack.lu is a balanced mix convention where
technical and non-technical people can meet each others and share
freely all kind of information. The convention will be held in the
Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg in September (19-21.09.2011). The most
significant new discoveries about computer network attacks and
defenses, commercial security solutions, and pragmatic real world
security experience will be presented in a three days series of
informative tutorials. We would like to announce the opportunity to
submit papers, and/or lightning talk proposals for selection by the
hack.lu technical review committee. This year we will be doing
workshops on the first day PM and talks of 1 hour or 30 minutes in
the main track for the two following days.
A capture the flag contest will take place during the whole conference.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Software Engineering and Security
* Spyware, Phishing and Botnets (Distributed attacks)
* Newly discovered vulnerabilities in software and hardware
* Electronic/Digital Privacy
* Wireless Network and Security
* Attacks on Information Systems and/or Digital Information Storage
* Electronic Voting
* Free Software and Security
* Assessment of Computer, Electronic Devices and Information Systems
* Standards for Information Security
* Legal and Social Aspect of Information Security
* Software Engineering and Security
* Security in Information Retrieval
* Network Security
* Forensics and Anti-Forensics
* Mobile Communications Security and Vulnerabilities
* CSIRTs, Incident Analysis and Response
The following dates are important if you want to participate in the
Abstract submission: no later than 1st June 2011
Full paper submission: no later than 30th June 2011
Notification date: end of July 2011
Submission guideline ====================
Authors should submit a paper in English up to 5.000 words, using a
non-proprietary and open electronic format. The program committee
will review all papers and the author of each paper will be notified
of the result, by electronic means. Abstract is up to 400
words. Submissions must be sent to http://2011.hack.lu/cfp/
Submissions should also include the following:
1. Presenter, and geographical location (country of origin/passport)
and contact info.
2. Employer and/or affiliations.
3. Brief biography, list of publications or papers.
4. Any significant presentation and/or educational
5. Reason why this material is innovative or significant
or an important tutorial.
6. Optionally, any samples of prepared material or outlines ready.
7. Information about if yes or no the submission has already
been presented and where.
Presentations/topics that haven't been presented before
will be rewarded.
The information will be used only for the sole purpose of the hack.lu
convention including the information on the public website. If you
want to remain anonymous, you have the right to use a nickname.
If the paper is not accepted in the main track, it could be accepted
in short or lightning talk session but in this case the speakers'
privileges are not applicable.
Speakers' Privileges ====================
* Accommodation will be provided (3 nights)
* Travel expenses will be covered up to a max amount
* Conference speakers night
Publication and rights ======================
Authors keep the full rights on their publication/papers but give an
unrestricted right to redistribute their papers for the hack.lu
convention and its related electronic/paper publication.
If you want to support the initiative and gain visibility by
sponsoring, please contact us by writing an e-mail to info(AT)hack.lu
Web site and wiki =================
CfP website: http://2011.hack.lu/cfp/
[ reply ]
Copyright 2010, SecurityFocus