Microsoft Clip Art Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
Microsoft has released a fully supported patch which rectifies this issue. It is available for download at the following location:
It is also recommended to specify that .CIL files are not opened without confirmation. The steps to do so are outlined below:
- Double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
- On the Tools menu, select Folder Options.
- On the File Types tab, select the CIL file type.
- Click Advanced, and then select Confirm Open After Download.
- Click OK twice to return to the My Computer window.