Back to list
[Tool] sqlmap 0.9 released
Apr 11 2011 12:12PM
Miroslav Stampar (miroslav stampar gmail com)
We are glad to release sqlmap version 0.9.
sqlmap is an open source penetration testing tool that automates the
process of detecting and exploiting SQL injection flaws and taking
over of database servers. It comes with a kick-ass detection engine,
many niche features for the ultimate penetration tester and a broad
range of switches lasting from database fingerprinting, over data
fetching from the database, to accessing the underlying file system
and executing commands on the operating system via out-of-band
Some of the new features include:
* Rewritten SQL injection detection engine (Bernardo and Miroslav).
* Support to directly connect to the database without passing via a
SQL injection, -d switch (Bernardo and Miroslav).
* Added full support for both time-based blind SQL injection and
error-based SQL injection techniques (Bernardo and Miroslav).
* Implemented support for SQLite 2 and 3 (Bernardo and Miroslav).
* Implemented support for Firebird (Bernardo and Miroslav).
* Implemented support for Microsoft Access, Sybase and SAP MaxDB
* Added support to tamper injection data with --tamper switch (Bernardo
* Added automatic recognition of password hashes format and support to
crack them with a dictionary-based attack (Miroslav).
* Added support to fetch unicode data (Bernardo and Miroslav).
* Added support to use persistent HTTP(s) connection for speed
improvement, --keep-alive switch (Miroslav).
* Implemented several optimization switches to speed up the exploitation
of SQL injections (Bernardo and Miroslav).
* Support to parse and test forms on target url, --forms switch
(Bernardo and Miroslav).
* Added switches to brute-force tables names and columns names with a
dictionary attack, --common-tables and --common-columns. Useful for
instance when system table 'information_schema' is not available on
Complete list of changes at
You can download it in two formats:
* Source gzip compressed,
* Source zip compressed, http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sqlmap/sqlmap-0.9.zip
* sqlmap user's manual: http://sqlmap.sourceforge.net/doc/README.pdf
* Conferences' material (whitepaper and slides):
We are looking for people who can write some clean Python code, are up
to do security research, know about web application security, database
assessment and takeover, software refactoring and are motivated to
join the development team.
If this sounds interesting to you, get in touch!
For the sceptical.. No, it's not only about web application. Yes, it
helps you also to get a command prompt on the target system. Yes, it
can be used to privilege escalate to SYSTEM if the target system is
Not yet convinced that this tool is worth a try? Get some popcorns,
head to http://www.youtube.com/user/inquisb#g/u and watch some video
E-mail: miroslav.stampar (at) gmail.com
PGP Key ID: 0xB5397B1B
[ reply ]
Copyright 2010, SecurityFocus