Back to list
[security bulletin] HPESBHF03745 rev.2 - HPE Intelligent Management Center (iMC) PLAT, Remote Code Execution
Jul 10 2017 08:14PM
HPE Product Security Response Team (security-alert hpe com)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Note: the current version of the following document is available here:
SUPPORT COMMUNICATION - SECURITY BULLETIN
Document ID: hpesbhf03745en_us
HPESBHF03745 rev.2 - HPE Intelligent Management Center (iMC) PLAT, Remote Code Execution
NOTICE: The information in this Security Bulletin should be acted upon as soon as possible.
Release Date: 2017-06-27
Last Updated: 2017-06-26
Potential Security Impact: Remote: Code Execution
Source: Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Product Security Response Team
Potential security vulnerabilities have been identified in HPE Intelligent Management Center (iMC) PLAT. The vulnerabilities could be exploited remotely to allow execution of code.
- CVE-2017-8948 - ZDI-CAN-4368
SUPPORTED SOFTWARE VERSIONS*: ONLY impacted versions are listed.
- HP Intelligent Management Center (iMC) All version prior to IMC PLAT 7.3
E0504P04 - Please refer to the RESOLUTION below for a list of impacted products.
CVSS Base Metrics
Reference, CVSS V3 Score/Vector, CVSS V2 Score/Vector
Information on CVSS is documented in
HPE Customer Notice HPSN-2008-002 here:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise thanks sztivi for working with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative (ZDI) for reporting these vulnerabilities to security-alert (at) hpe (dot) com [email concealed]
HPE has made the following software update available to resolve the vulnerabilities in the iMC PLAT network products listed.
+ **iMC PLAT - Version: Fixed in IMC PLAT 7.3 E0504P04**
* HP Network Products
- JD125A HP IMC Std S/W Platform w/100-node
- JD126A HP IMC Ent S/W Platform w/100-node
- JD808A HP IMC Ent Platform w/100-node License
- JD814A HP A-IMC Enterprise Edition Software DVD Media
- JD815A HP IMC Std Platform w/100-node License
- JD816A HP A-IMC Standard Edition Software DVD Media
- JF288AAE HP Network Director to Intelligent Management Center Upgrade E-LTU
- JF289AAE HP Enterprise Management System to Intelligent Management Center Upgrade E-LTU
- JF377A HP IMC Std S/W Platform w/100-node Lic
- JF377AAE HP IMC Std S/W Pltfrm w/100-node E-LTU
- JF378A HP IMC Ent S/W Platform w/200-node Lic
- JF378AAE HP IMC Ent S/W Pltfrm w/200-node E-LTU
- JG546AAE HP IMC Basic SW Platform w/50-node E-LTU
- JG548AAE HP PCM+ to IMC Bsc Upgr w/50-node E-LTU
- JG549AAE HP PCM+ to IMC Std Upgr w/200-node E-LTU
- JG747AAE HP IMC Std SW Plat w/ 50 Nodes E-LTU
- JG748AAE HP IMC Ent SW Plat w/ 50 Nodes E-LTU
- JG768AAE HP PCM+ to IMC Std Upg w/ 200-node E-LTU
- JG550AAE HPE PCM+ Mobility Manager to IMC Basic WLAN Platform Upgrade 50-node and 150-AP E-LTU
- JG590AAE HPE IMC Basic WLAN Manager Software Platform 50 Access Point E-LTU
- JG660AAE HP IMC Smart Connect with Wireless Manager Virtual Appliance Edition E-LTU
- JG766AAE HP IMC Smart Connect Virtual Appliance Edition E-LTU
- JG767AAE HP IMC Smart Connect with Wireless Manager Virtual Appliance Edition E-LTU
- JG768AAE HPE PCM+ to IMC Standard Software Platform Upgrade with 200-node E-LTU
**Note:** Please contact HPE Technical Support if any assistance is needed acquiring the software updates.
Version:1 (rev.1) - 11 May 2017 Initial release
Version:2 (rev.2) - 26 June 2017 Adding ZDI-CAN-4368 to Security Bulletin.
Third Party Security Patches: Third party security patches that are to be installed on systems running Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) software products should be applied in accordance with the customer's patch management policy.
Support: For issues about implementing the recommendations of this Security Bulletin, contact normal HPE Services support channel. For other issues about the content of this Security Bulletin, send e-mail to security-alert (at) hpe (dot) com. [email concealed]
Report: To report a potential security vulnerability for any HPE supported
Web form: https://www.hpe.com/info/report-security-vulnerability
Email: security-alert (at) hpe (dot) com [email concealed]
Subscribe: To initiate a subscription to receive future HPE Security Bulletin alerts via Email: http://www.hpe.com/support/Subscriber_Choice
Security Bulletin Archive: A list of recently released Security Bulletins is available here: http://www.hpe.com/support/Security_Bulletin_Archive
Software Product Category: The Software Product Category is represented in the title by the two characters following HPSB.
3C = 3COM
3P = 3rd Party Software
GN = HPE General Software
HF = HPE Hardware and Firmware
MU = Multi-Platform Software
NS = NonStop Servers
OV = OpenVMS
PV = ProCurve
ST = Storage Software
UX = HP-UX
Copyright 2016 Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. The information provided is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. To the extent permitted by law, neither HP or its affiliates, subcontractors or suppliers will be liable for incidental,special or consequential damages including downtime cost; lost profits; damages relating to the procurement of substitute products or services; or damages for loss of data, or software restoration. The information in this document is subject to change without notice. Hewlett Packard Enterprise and the names of Hewlett Packard Enterprise products referenced herein are trademarks of Hewlett Packard Enterprise in the United States and other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
[ reply ]
Copyright 2010, SecurityFocus