Back to list
Black Hat USA CFP Now Open!
Mar 08 2007 03:27AM
The Dark Tangent (dtangent defcon org)
Hello Vuln Dev,
I wanted to make some quick Black Hat related announcements.
The Call For Papers for Black Hat USA is now open.
This is the main event, and this year we have even more space, we have expanded from 9 tracks to 11, and we will be introducing Break Out sessions and the Deep Knowledge track will now span both days. We are working to expand the depth and breath of content, so if you have something up your sleeve you want to present, check out the CFP:
Black Hat USA 2007 Training Classes now open.
Please see the following link for a complete list of classes being offered this year.
Highlights include over 35 training classes including two new four day sessions. Below is a sample of what to expect:
- The nuts and bolts of the Metasploit Framework: Metasploit 3.0 Internals by Matt Miller, aka skape.
- Web Application (In)security by NGS Software. If you are concerned with the security of web applications and the insecurity they introduce to your back end information systems this is the workshop for you.
- TCP/IP Weapons School: Black Hat Edition by Richard Bejtlich, TaoSecurity. Learn how networks can be abused and subverted, while analyzing the attacks, methods, and traffic that make it happen.
- Ultimate Hacking: Wireless Edition by Foundstone. Knowledge is power and you do not want the hackers to know more about your wireless networks than you do.
- Hands-On Hardware Hacking and Reverse Engineering Techniques: Black Hat Edition by Joe Grand. This course is the first of its kind and focuses entirely on hardware hacking.
- ROOTKIT: Advanced 2nd Generation Digital Weaponry by Greg Hoglund and Jamie Butler. Advanced class developed and taught by the creators of rootkit.com
- Advanced Malware Deobfuscation by Jason Geffner & Scott Lambert. No Source? No Symbols? No Problem.
- Hacking by Numbers: Combat Grading by SensePost. Advanced level. The world?s first objective technical grading system for hackers and penetration testers.
Black Hat Briefings and Trainings USA 2007:
Registration on-line at:
Hotel Reservations now open.
Black Hat Europe:
Black Hat Europe 2007 Hotel rate extended. We have extended the Group Rate at the Movenpick in Amsterdam until the end of this week (March 9).
If you plan to stay at the hotel, now is the last minute for you reserve at the Black Hat conference rate, currently EUR 145,00 per night plus taxes.
[ reply ]
Copyright 2010, SecurityFocus