Solaris Solstice AdminSuite Vulnerabilities
Several vulnerabilities have been discovered in Solstice AdminSuite 2.1. These include:
1. AdminSuite 2.1 uses excessive permissions when adding new users to the NIS+ passwd table. This may allow unauthorized users to change the password table information to obtain root access.
2. AdminSuite 2.1 incorrectly changes the permissions on the source file used to build the NIS (YP) passwd map. This may allow unauthorized users to edit the /etc/passwd file and gain root access.
3. AdminSuite 2.1 creates temporary files in an insecure manner when updating a NIS (YP) database. This may allow unauthorized users to over write arbitrary files on the system, including the NIS (YP) map source file.
4. AdminSuite 2.1 and 2.2 create lock files in an insecure manner that may allow an unauthorized user to gain root access.
5. AdminSuite 2.1 and 2.2 Database Manager's save option is setgid bin for non-privileged users. This may allow an unauthorized user to gain root access.